Monday, July 25, 2016


Treasuring up the Word πŸ’°πŸ’ΈπŸ’Ά

Hey You Guys!

How goes it? This week was weird. We started out in a trio with Elder
Marks and ended with having a service missionary Elder Toone come and
be Elder Marks' temporary companion. It was a good week though.

This week I started studying the Doctrine and Covenants. When I told
President Evans that I was studying from the D&C, he showed me where I
can find a bunch of background information on each section. I am
loving learning about church history and the sacrifices so many early
members of the church made so that we could have this wonderful gospel
today.

While we were Tracting this week, we found a lady named Shannon.
Shannon lives in Boston (Boston, New York). She was standing outside
her house when we started talking to her. We bore testimony to her of
the Book of Mormon and she told us that she has been starting to look
into religion. She gladly accepted a free copy and thanked us for
stopping by. The Lord truly does know each and every one of His
children and what they are looking for.

Another cool experience we had this week happened on Thursday after
dinner. We had planned to go to East Aurora to do some finding. Elder
Fielding was hesitant on going there but I felt like we needed to. So,
we jumped in car and drove there. When we got there, we prayed to know
where to go. As we were praying, I saw a picture of a place we needed
to go. So once we closed the prayer, we got out of the car and I told
Elder Fielding, "Follow me." So he did. After a little bit, he said,
"where are we going?" I replied, "I don't know." We went to the place
I saw in my head and lo and behold, there was a big concert-function
thingy going on! Lots of people were there and we went and bought a
hot dog and talked to people there. We were able to talk to a really
nice lady from Lancaster who has been to church at the Lancaster
building before! We gave her a Book of Mormon and she was very
thankful. We got to talk to so many people! It was great. There was a
group of women that talked to us about our missions. We bore testimony
and taught about the Book of Mormon. It was a miracle!

Anyways, this week was a week of miracles! I love being here and
serving. Isss de besssst.

Scripture of the Week: Doctrine and Covenants 11:21 "Seek not to
declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your
tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my
word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men." As we study
and we treasure up the word of God, He will bless and He will help us
help those around us to learn of Him through our example and
testimony.  πŸ“š

I love you guys! Hope you have a great week! Talk to you soon!

Elder Peters


Sent from my iPad 

No comments:

Post a Comment