Monday, August 1, 2016

I'm a Grandpa!!!!❤️


Hey You Guys!

How are you doing? I hope you're doing well! You're in my prayers!

Okay so to explain the title, in our mission when someone trains a new
missionary we like to think of it like a father and son relationship.
So, when Elder Rushton (shoutout to him for finishing his honorable
full-time mission! Hoes going home!) trained me, I was his "son". Then
I trained Elder Stokes and he became my "son" and Elder Rushton's
grandson. Does that make sense? Haha. Anyways, I was given the
assignment this week to train a new missionary this upcoming transfer.
I don't know what his name will be, but I will tomorrow! But, Elder
Stokes will also be training! So that makes me a grandpa! Haha fun
times.

This week was great! We saw many miracles. Our district has really
been pushing to get some new investigators and we have recently been
seeing "the fruits" of our labors. As a district, we have 5 people
with a baptismal date!!! The Zone Leaders were blown away when I was
reporting our numbers last night. The Lord truly has blessed our
efforts! We can't don't this work without Him!

One miracle we saw this week was when we taught Tristan. Last time we
met, we left 2 Nephi 32 with him. So, we talked about that chapter
with him this time and how it is super important to pray to know the
truth. When we do so, we can gain a spiritual witness of the truth of
all things through the Holy Ghost. He seemed to understand that. We
then read in the precious chapter (2 Nephi 31) and talked about the
importance of following the Savior. The Savior's invitation to all of
us is' "Come, Follow Me". Chapter 31 of Nephi tells us, "if the Lamb
of God, he being holy, should have need of being baptized by water, to
fulfill all righteousness, O then, how much more need have we, being
unholy, to be baptized, yea, every water!" Our job here on earth is to
follow the Savior's example and to "prepare to meet God" (Alma 34:32).
When we taught Tristan this, we felt prompted to ask him if he were to
find these things to be true if he would be baptized (he said he would
before). He said yes. We then invited him to prepare to be baptized on
September 3rd. He said that he would try but we testified to him that
if he does the things we leave him and if he prays with a sincere
heart, he will be able to know for himself that the things we've told
him are true. We promised him. He then committed to be baptized on
that date! I am so excited for him! We are going to keep working with
him!

I am excited for my new companion to come but I am also sad to see
Elder a fielding go. He is going to Lewiston with Elder Fauga! Elder
Fauga is the only other Samoan missionary in this mission haha. It's
cool that Elder Fielding gets to serve with both of us in a row haha.
But it's cool cuz Elder Fauga is from Salt Lake City and Uncle Sam was
his bishop before he left on his mission! Haha it's a small world!

Anyways, I hope all is well! Things are going well here all due to
your love, support and prayers. Thank you al, so much for all you do!
I will talk to you soon!

Elder Peters

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment