Monday, February 29, 2016

Talofa lava!

Hey you guys! How was your week? I hope it went well and that you all
had a lot of fun. I miss you all so much and pray for you everyday.

This week was way fun. We did a lot of different things. We taught
Lexi and Brianna some more. That has been a cool experience to see
them come closer to Christ. It's really been awesome. It's such a
great calling to be a missionary. I love it so much. I don't want to
come home, Mom!

We had a big zone conference in Rochester this week. The Rochester
East and Rochester West (that's the one I'm in) zones met together.
President Francis talked to us a lot about repentance. It's such a
great topic. We can be forgiven for whatever we have done. There is
always hope. What a blessing. The Savior never turns away from us.
Rather, we sometimes turn away from Him. But there is always a way
back to Him through the sacrifice that He made for us. No man hath
greater love than He who lays down His life for His friends.

After zone conference, we almost got snowed in to Rochester! We drove
like 20 mph the whole way home. We had planned to stop by Nick Tahou's
restaurant (an iconic "hots" (what they call hot dogs here)
restaurant) to get a garbage plate. A garbage plate is a cool dish
that is from here. It basically has everything you can get at a picnic
and more sloshed together on a plate. Since Elder Stokes and I are
both new to the mission, we wanted to stop by and get a garbage plate
but since the weather was so bad, we though in our heads as we drove
by it, "Mmm...better not". So don't worry Mom. We mad it home safely.

Yesterday was so nice. I wore a short sleeve shirt! The weather has
just been weird lately. I wish it would just make up its mind and
decide to be warm. That would be fantastic. I'm pretty sure that
"warm" here is what was "cold" for me back home. #MissionsChangeYou

Anyways, thanks for everything you guys. You really are the best. Keep
up the good work and keep bringing others closer to Christ! He is the
place of refuge in the ever so crazy world. He will guide you. He will
help you. He will bear you up. I love yous guys. Have a great week!

Elder Peters



Sent from my iPad


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment