Monday, February 22, 2016

Wow. What a week.

How is everyone? I hope you all are well. I'd like to start this
weekly email by giving a shoutout to Autumn Miller for getting her
mission call this week! So sweet! She's going to the Czech Repubic and
Slovakia Mission!

Okay so this week was weird. I saw the most snow that I've ever seen
in my life but I also had a day where I didn't even need to wear a
jacket! (My first time on the mission. It's been too cold ever since
I've been here) we got 2-3 feet of snow on Tuesday! And guess what we
got to do after we dug our truck out. We got to shovel driveways all
day. The snow got real heavy real quick when we started shoveling.
Maybe because we were shoveling a pretty long driveway and we were
lifting literal feet of snow with every scoop of our shovels. But we
endured and kept shoveling all day. It was fun. Elder Stokes
accidentally threw a whole shovel full of snow at my face haha. He
Felt bad and told me to get him back but I told him it's all good and
turned the other cheek. I totally would've thrown some snow back at
him before my mission haha. #MissionsChangeYou

We walked around contacting in Le Roy all day on Saturday without
jackets because it was so nice. It was weird though. We were trudging
through snow but it was warm enough that we didn't have to wear
jackets!! It was a good experience for Elder Stokes. It was the first
time we could really get out there and work all day because the
weather has been so gnarly lately. He loved every minute of it except
for the parts where people would drive by and say silly things out
there window at us. But we just smiled and waved "smile and wave boys.
Smile and wave." Wise words from the Penguins of Madagascar.

We are teaching two people who are getting ready for baptism. Their
names are Lexi and Brianna. They are awesome and are really
progressing a lot. They love being taught and are learning so much.
Anyways, please keep them in your prayers as they are working hard to
follow our Savior.

I love you guys and there isn't a day that goes by where I don't think
about you and pray for you. I am so thankful to have such a strong
support group like you guys. Thank you for all the love, support, and
prayers. You guys are the best. Have a great week!

Love you all

Elder Peters

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment