Monday, August 8, 2016


He's the Gardner here!🌳🌱🌲

Hey You Guys!

How goes it? I hope all is well with you!

This week was great! On Tuesday, Elder Fielding and I drove up to the
Amherst building (Buffalo Stake Center) and met up with the other
missionaries that were being transferred. Elder Fielding met up with
his new companion Elder Fauga and we headed up to Lewiston. It was sad
seeing him go but I know he will do great things up there in Lewiston.
I, along with some other missionaries, hopped in what we like to call
the Millenium Falcon (it's the big silver mission van) and drove out
to Rochester with the assistants to the president. When we got to
Rochester, the meeting where I would meet my new companion wasn't till
the next day so we made arrangements where I would stay with Rochester
Spanish for the day and then ride out with the other trainers in the
Rochester area to our meeting the next day. I got to be with Elders
Broadhead and Vizcaino! They are way fun! I came into the mission
field with Elder Broadhead so that was fun.

When we got to the meeting, President Evans announced the
companionships and who would be training who and I was assigned to
train Elder Gardner! He's super cool! He's a baller too! He's from
Kaysville, Utah and was ready to work!

Once we got back to OP and got situated, we hit the streets and
started talking to people! He is rockin. It's been great.

On Thursday, we took a young man from the ward named Clayton with us
to visit some potentials and tract a little bit. At first, we were all
bummed out that no one was answering. If people do answer hear, it's
usually, "oh I'm Catholic. We're all set here!" (Side note: We
actually ran in to a Catholic lady the other day and when we told her
where we were from, she said, "I was baptized Catholic, I was married
Catholic, and I'm gonna die a Catholic!" Everyone is Catholic here!)
But, we kept pushing forward. Soon enough, we knocked on a guys house
and he said he was interested! We gave him a copy of the Book of
Mormon and said we would come back to see what he thought about it.
When we were walking away, Clayton looked at us and said, "that was my
principal!" Haha. The next door we knocked, a guy answered and we had
a good talk. He told us that he served a mission for his church in New
Zealand! Then he asked what we thought about the Trinity. I told him
that we believe in God the Father and in His Son Jesus Christ and in
the Holy Ghost. Three separate beings that are one in purpose. We were
bracing ourselves to be bashed because that happens a lot here but it
didn't happen! He just nodded his head and said okay. We asked if we
could come back soon and teach him and he said we could! This
experience was just what we needed. We were not seeing much success
but we didn't give up. Then, the Lord blessed us to be able to come
into contact with these people. It was great! And to have Clayton
there with us. What a blessing!

This week was great! Elder Gardner is adapting really well in the
mission field! He is a fast learner! It's been great working with him.
We are going to continue to work hard and we are going to exercise our
faith that we can see miracles happen here in this part of the Lords
vineyard!

I love you all! I'm praying for you. Hope you have a great week! Talk
to you soon

Elder Peters

Sent from my iPad

48365159-6499-49BA-A028-DEBC87144C49

No comments:

Post a Comment