Monday, January 18, 2016

Talofa lava!

How are you all doing? How was your week? I hope you had a great one!
I know there is a lot of sadness in Seattle right now because of the
Seahawks' loss yesterday. I didn't watch it but there are a lot of
Panthers fans here in Batavia for some reason. All the old guys were
walking up to me in church "offering their condolences". What? I can't
even watch the game and you're gonna make me talk smack?! It was fun.
I wore my Seahawks jersey during studies. My comp was making fun of
me. But I didn't care #HawkNation. But it's all good. Maybe I just
need to be home before the Lord blesses us with another Super Bowl ;)

It snowed a lot this week! Pretty much all week there were snowflakes
falling. Even when it was warmer than usual out, there were still a
couple of flurries. Early in the week, we were in the library looking
up service opportunities and it was snowing so hard that I couldn't
even look up when we were outside. It was nuts! The librarian kept
telling everyone, "they call this thundersnow." It was wild. But due
to the snow, there were a lot of service opportunities. We threw our
snow shovels in the back of the truck and shoveled a couple people's
driveways. It was cool. Last night it snowed and we currently have a
couple inches on the ground. The wind still cuts you like a knife and
chills you to the bone. It's beyond cold out there and it's gonna keep
getting colder.

This week it was hard not to get discouraged. The people we get to
visit are usually not there or cancel on us. It's rough. We taught a
guy this week who is super well versed in the Bible and he talks a
mile a minute but it's going well. He is studying the Book of Mormon
and is super interested in it.

It's hard to see any progress up here. But this week our prayers were
answered because George (the less active guy we have been teaching)
has been having us over to teach him and to help him with overcoming
his addiction. He's a great guy. But was cool and what answered our
prayers was what he said at the end. He was talking about how he is
going to be interviewed soon for the Aaronic Priesthood and how he has
his eyes set on the Temple because he is working hard on his family
history and he wants to take his family names to the Temple. But
anyways, he told us that we should be happy because we have been able
to help him with his struggles and that is success even though we
aren't baptizing. He is progressing and he is thankful for that.

Well, thanks for everything you guys! I hope all is well! Until next time!

Tofa soifua

Elder Peters

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment