Monday, January 11, 2016

Hey you guys!

How are you? How was your week? This week we saw a lot of success!
It's been a lot of work but I'm glad we are getting to teach a lot
more now.

This week I got to speak in Sacrament Meeting! It was my first talk on
my mission and Elder Scott's last talk on his mission! We both spoke
on the Holy Ghost. He spoke first and I was the concluding speaker.
That was a first. I was so nervous holy smokes. But when I got up
there, I was totally calm. I spoke and shared some cool experiences
that I have had with feeling the Spirit in my life and shared a couple
scriptures and before I knew it, I had spoken for 20 minutes! I had to
wrap up my talk before I had shared everything that I had prepared!
Pretty cool. And everyone loves saying "Talofa" when I get up to
speak.

The weather here is getting colder and colder. This morning it was -3
with windchill! So stinking cold. My companion and I and the zone
leaders skate to our cars. It's pretty fun.... Unless you fall of
course. It is supposed to snow quite a bit this week. So hopefully
there are lots of opportunities for service. We got to serve a lot
this week just like last week. The guy that had us helping him paint
last week had us over again and we did a lot. I learned how to install
a fridge and the water/ice maker and a stove! It's cool cuz I got to
serve while learning things that I can and will use in the future.

Three years ago, the 10th of January (yesterday), I lost my mentor, my
best friend, my Grandpa. He was such a great example of a true
follower of Christ. He showed everyone he met Christlike love and
served them the best he could. I know this is where he would want me
to be. He was the best Grandpa anyone could ever ask for. He raised
his family in a righteous home and always made sure that his kids
walked in righteousness. He sacrificed so much all the time for the
ones he loved and that's what I want to do. Thanks Grandpa. I love you
man.

There are some crazy things going on in the world right now. I just
heard that on New Years Eve there was a terrorist threat that was
stopped in Rochester! Just 20 miles away from Batavia! That's nuts!
But I know that the Lord will protect me. He always has, always will.

I have been reading in Mosiah lately (a book in the Book of Mormon). I
love how they plead with the Lord to protect them and ease their
burdens. The Lord helps them out according to their faith. That can be
applied to all of our lives. No matter where we are, we are always
going to have some kind of trial. But, with the help of the Lord, we
can see that those trials are given to us to help us grow and become
more like our Father in Heaven. We can also see His hand in our lives
everyday helping us and lifting us up.

I hope all is well back home. I love you all so much!

Elder Preston Peters



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment