Monday, December 14, 2015

Hey you guys!

This week was a pretty good one! I had two meetings where we had to
drive for a while to get to. One in Pittsford and one in Palmyra.
Palmyra is the place where Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus
Christ if you didn't already know. The Palmyra meeting was super fun
cuz we got to go to the Palmyra temple!

You guys have all got to come here some day. It's such an awesome
place. I love getting to serve. It is pretty hard when you miss your
family and friends back home but it gets easier when you know that
they are behind you and they've got you're back. Thank you all for
that.

This week we had planned to go to the church history sites with Marge
but she was sick so that got cancelled. We went to pizza and wings
instead with the guy that was gonna drive us up there. The pizza was
huge and yummy and so were the wings! But I was kinda thinking they
were kinda spicy with the NY buffalo sauce on em. Then, George pipes
in and tells me that they aren't even spicy at all. I was telling
myself to man up and act like they're not even spicy. It was good.
Despite the fact that my burps smelt like buffalo sauce for the rest
of the day haha.

The work is hastening here in Batavia. Little by little. We are slowly
starting to meet new people. We are praying everyday that we see
success in our efforts and it's paying off! Prayer is such an amazing
thing that we have in our lives here on earth to help us. Don't take
it for granted. It's the best. I know that our Heavenly Father truly
does hear us and He cares about us and He answers our prayers.

This week was also our church Christmas party! And I got asked if I
wanted to play piano with Elder Detlor as he sang Silent Night. So
this whole week I stressed out about practicing and finally it all
payed off. I think someone video Taped the performance so I can
probably send it to you later mom haha. Oh! And the missionaries did
lots of things. I taught them how to sing We Wish You A Merry
Christmas in Samoan but they didn't feel comfortable singing that in
format of everyone so we sang Hark the Herald Angels Sing instead.
People acted like they liked which was nice of them haha.

Still no snow. It was 67 degrees today for cryin out loud! Weird
weather. But I've lived in "weird weather" all my life haha (Shoutout
to The Northwest and The Midwest). My comp keeps tryin to tell me that
the weather is weird here but I'm used to it.

Also, i am grateful for being able to grow up a country boy in Ozark
and then live in Seattle too because we often are going into country
areas and then city areas and I can relate well with both. It's pretty
cool.

Well, I think that's all for this week! Thank you for all of your
email and letters! It's the best feeling to get mail as a missionary.
I love and miss you all! Take care and have a great week! I'll talk to
you next week!

Love you all so much!

Elder Peters


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment