Monday, December 26, 2016

I can actually sing that song now haha.

Talofa Everybody!

It amazes me how much Christmas Spirit the people here have. I mean, there are 364 days till Christmas and people already have their Christmas lights up! 

Merry Christmas! I hope you all had a great day yesterday. I love Christmas because we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. He loves us all so much! That's why He came to earth. To teach us; to help and allow us to return to the presence of our loving Heavenly Father. Without our Savior, we would have no hope for a better life after this one. Without our Savior, there would be no reason for us to be here. God loved us so He sent His Son! I love my Big Brother Jesus Christ. I know He loves me too and that He loves all of us! 

This week was a fun week. We had some fun Christmas things that we did. Yesterday was a blast getting to talk to the fam bam. I miss you all so much! 

This week we had a Zone Meeting in Canandaigua. That was great getting to see everyone and to learn from others. We gave a training on planning and teaching. Both of which play big roles in missionary work. 

Funny experience of the week. Well, there are two that I'll share. The first one happened when we were going door to door. We knocked on one house and this super old guy answered the door. Like we're talking OLD! He said, "I can't see ya." As he got uncomfortably close to see if he could see us. But he was almost totally blind because of age. When we spoke, he looked at us with his toothless mouth gaping open. "I can't hear you!" Haha then his wife or someone came to the door and told us that they were all set. But it was just funny. Later on that same hour, we had just found someone who was really nice and said we could come back. I wasn't really focused on walking as we were walking away because I was so happy that we found someone that was open. We walked down the driveway and all of a sudden, my feet slipped out from under me and I hit the ground HARD! All I could do was laugh at myself. Because laughing relieves pain lol. Stinkin' ice. 

Another funny experience, we were meeting with a member family and they were telling us about how the guy who invented the Heimlich maneuver died. Without thinking, I asked, "Oh no! Did he choke?!" Haha 

The Mission Christmas Conference was off da hook! I loved it! My district performed the Hukilau everyone loved it. I got to see all my homies that I've served around and been companions with. I love those guys. You really do learn a lot from all those who surround you. President Evans closed the conference by teaching about the Sacrament and the importance of preparing ourselves to partake of it every week. There were many missionaries who shared beautiful musical numbers to bring the Spirit. (Shout out to Elder Stokes for rockin it on the piano!) Spirit was so strong the whole time there. It was great!

I learned so much about my Savior this week as we prepared ourselves to partake of the Sacrament. My Savior is my best friend and He is the best friend to all of us. He knows exactly how to help all of us. I know He loves all of us and that He continues to show us His love as we keep His commandments and serve Him. 

I miss you all so much! Thanks for the love and support that you give me eve day. You all rock! It's was a bummer not being able to be home wi you guys for Christmas this year, but remember: "I'll be home for Christmas" 😎🎄🎅
Much Love
Elder Peters 

1-2 Hukilau performance at the Christmas Conference
3-4 Zone Meeting 
5 Lunch with Sister Delair and Sister Reitmann and Elder and Sister Matthews
6 Sacred Grove after a meeting in Palmyra
image1.JPGimage2.JPG
image4.JPGimage5.JPGimage6.JPGimage7.JPG

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment