Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Light the World

Hey You Guys! 

Check out Mormon.org to see how you can #LightTheWorld. Each and every day leading up to Christmas there is a different theme of how we can be more like Jesus and spread the real Christmas spirit this Christmas season. I have seen my testimony of the Savior grow as I have been participating in this wonderful event. It's great. Go check it out! Let me know how everything goes! 

We had a stellar week here in New York. Lots of cool things happening. Transfers are tomorrow, we were told where we are going last night. Elder Broadhead and i are staying here in Waterloo! I love being here in Waterloo! I'm glad they kept us here.

This week we went on a couple exchanges with some elders in Canandaigua and Geneva. I went with Elder Holmes and then Elder Leon. We saw many miracles this week as we worked hard. (I know that I always say that there are miracles happening, but there are! The Lord keeps blessing us more and more everyday) 

A really cool miracle that happened this week happened when I was on exchanges with Elder Leon. We were pulling in to our driveway after doing some service that morning. I saw a lady who looked like she and another person were struggling with moving some things into her house. I felt prompted to go and talk to her. So we did. It was really awkward to initiate conversation, but as soon as I said, "hi! We saw you were moving. Could you use any help?" She looked at us and quickly said, "oh my gosh are you Mormons?!" I thought she was going to say something mean or something. "I was married to a Mormon!" Turns out her husband was Mormon but he had passed on. She told us that he had come to her in a dream and told her that everything was going to be alright. She is struggling through cancer. She had a friend in the hospital that day who was receiving her first chemo treatment. She had a deadline to meet to clear out everything from her storage unit and not much help. God led us to her. She was so happy and overwhelmed and she felt God's love really strong that day. She just kept sayinthank you the whole time we were there. She was even brought to tears as she realized how much God had blessed her. And all we did was help her move! God knows us all and what we are going through. The coolest thing is that He know just how to help us feel better. I love my Heavenly Father! I know He loves me. I know He loves you guys! 

Rick and Yvonne came to church this week! They loved it! I love those guys so much. Things are going well for them. Thanks for all the prayers in their behalf! Your prayers are felt here! 

I love you guys so much! Thanks for all you do for me and for everyone around you! Keep on being good example of Christ! I love you all so much! Have a great week. I'll talk to you soon. 

Elder Peters 

No comments:

Post a Comment