Monday, September 19, 2016


Stay Strong, Get Stronger!

Hello Everyone! 

Before I get to updating you on my week, I would just like to take a little time and tell the Shanklin family that I love them and that they are in my prayers. Im so sorry for your loss. But I know that you will be together with your Dad again! Families truly are forever! I know that with all my heart. The happiness that comes when you are with your family does not end here. The Lord made it possible for us to have that happiness forever! I love you guys! Stay strong! 


This week was a good week. We have been behind on miles because of transfers and because our zone leaders had to take some of our allotted miles and give them to some other missionaries. But it's all good. That just means a little more walking than we have been used to! So, we walked a lot this week! 

We have been teaching a Filipino lady named Abby and her husband Patrick! It's been great! They love talking with us. I think the hardest thing for him to do is quit smoking and to leave their church. They are extremely involved in it. But we will see. The Lord is definitely capable of working miracles. Sometimes in life we just have to ask ourselves if we have the faith to see miracles. 
Stay Strong, Get Stronger!


Yesterday in church someone said, "Stay strong, get stronger." That is so true! With working out and exercising, you always have to be doing something to continue to build muscle or endurance or stamina. Or you will lose it. The same goes with faith. If we are doing everything we can to build it, once we have strong faith, we have to continue to do things to build our faith or we will lose it! Faith is so necessary in our lives to rely on the Savior and trust in Him. He will guide us back to the presence of our Father in Heaven. 

We got some more newbies in our district this week! Elder Gold is from Boise, Idaho and Elder Davis is from Overland Park, Kansas! I used to live there too! It's super cool. Elder Olson is the other new missionary but he's not new to the mission. He just got transferred to our district. We are having so much fun because guess what?! Rather than just having four missionaries in our district, we now have six! So you know what that means....3 on 3 basketball!!! It's super fun haha.  The other morning we were playing and Elder Gardner threw an alley oop to Elder Gold and he threw it down with two hands! We are confident that we can take any district in the mission! Haha

We had a leadership meeting in Amherst this week as well. All the leaders in the Buffalo area went and met with President Evans. He is so awesome.  He wrote out a phrase on the chalkboard and had us ponder and finish it. The phrase was "When I am obedient, I see the Savior..." I thought about it for a while. The way I finished the sentence was, "When I am obedient, I see the Savior smile." Sometimes in life it is hard for us to see why the Lord has given us certain commandments. But, when we picture Him smile when we obey and when we make righteous decisions, it is easier for us to obey. Remember that we are and always will be indebted to Him. But when we do the small things that He asks of us, He smiles.

I love you all! I hope you have a great week! I will talk to you soon! 

HARRAH FOR ISRAEL!

Elder Peters

Sent from my iPad


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment