Monday, September 26, 2016

 Happy Fall Everyone!

This week was the most successful week of my mission! We saw so many miracles in our area and in our district! We have 8 people who are preparing for baptism! The Lord is blessing us so much because of our faith! Its great to see! 

This week we visited and taught one of our investigators named Evan. He is in his early twenties. We met him tracting a while ago. In the past, he has had negative feelings/ideas about God. But recently, he has been praying a lot more and meeting with us and has become a lot more positive about God! Its truly amazing how much prayer and scripture study help us. We met with him a couple times this week and he committed to be baptized! He committed to prepare to be baptized on October 29th! Which sadly, i might not be here... but thats not what matters! What matters is him deciding to follow in Christ's footsteps and be baptized by proper Priesthood authority! Evan is doing great. I think he really enjoys meeting with us. 

This week fall started! Its been getting a little chilly here. So, we had to whip out the sweaters the other day. I love sweater weather. Its real refreshing because all summer we have been sweating like pigs because of the humidity. But thats what the weather is like here :) 

I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Elder Marks this week to his area. We taught a cool guy named Rotex who is all about God. He loves to talk about the Gospel. He is from Nigeria too. That was cool. But i think the coolest part about my exchange with Elder Marks was teaching a less active member named Richard Thrift. Richard joined the church in the UK (he has the coolest accent btw). He has been inactive for 22 years! We went and visited with him and he ended up coming to church yesterday!!! He is so solid and is really wanting to get back in to the church and becoming active again. 

I cannot explain how much the Lord has blessed us and our district lately. 

We also met with Abby and Patrick this week. We met with their friend Gina who just moved in with them. We taught them and Gina committed to being baptized! We just have to continue to work with them on following the Word of Wisdom. The work is moving forward! Im glad to be part of it!

I got to hold a chicken this week! Cool experience! I kinda want one now...

This week we received a challenge to read some chapters in the Book of Mormon and in the Bible. Hebrews 11, Alma 32, Ether 12, and the Bible Dictionary: Faith. As you can tell, these chapters teach us about faith. Hebrews 11 talks about things that faith enables us to do. Alma 32 gives the great analogy of faith being like a seed, if planted it will grow. The Bible Dictionary had a great definition of faith as well. But the chapter that stood out to me the most was Ether 12 in the Book of Mormon. What a great chapter! I learned so much as i read. I really like how it says multiple times throughout the chapter that it isnt until AFTER the trial of our faith that we receive a witness. I love that we arent going to be given everything. We have to work for it! As we show our faith through scripture study and prayer and church attendance and serving others, we are showing the Lord our faith in Him and he will bless. He will ALWAYS bless us. I know it because ive seen it in my life! 

Anyways, I love you all! Thank you so much for all you do and the prayers that you see my way. I hope you have a great week this week. I know that as we continue to rely on the Lord, He will always bless. ESPECIALLY in time of need! 

I love you all! I will talk to you soon! Have a blessed week and keep up the great work! 

P.s. Here's a chicken  🐔
image1.JPG



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment