Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Talofa Everybody!

How are you guys doing? I hope all is well with you. I love and miss you all.

WE HAD OUR FIRST BAPTISM YESTERDAY!!! What an amazing experience! Lexi
was baptized after church yesterday. Lots of people came, Elder Stokes
played piano and I conducted the music. We were so stressed with
everything because we have a lot of responsibilities in this branch.
We were scrambled and everything seemed to be coming up at once. The
water was cold, the other elders weren't feeling too well so they
weren't there to say the opening prayer and play the piano, and
yeah...there were lots of things that were happening that we were
stressin about haha. But, nonetheless, the baptismal service was
awesome and the Spirit was there. Even though Lexi started swimming
around in the font after she was baptized haha. She gave us fair
warning a long time ago haha.

We also did a lot of finding this week. We knocked on lots of doors
and talked to people on the street (if they didn't cross the street or
go way off of the path to avoid an encounter with us). As always,
there were some funny experiences with that. With one house, we were
walking toward it when the door swung open. I said, "Hello!" All
friendly and such, and all I saw was a white smile in a dark shadow
before the door was slammed harder than it was swung open. In the same
tone, "Goodbye!" I wish I had a video of some of these encounters.
Another time, we were talking to this lady about how we were
missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

"Most people call us Mormons. Have you ever heard of Mormons before?"

"Oh yes. I've heard lots of things. I know about you guys."

"Oh awesome! What have you heard?"

"Oh...uh...I've heard...yeah I just know about you guys."

Yeah she didn't know much about us nor was she very interested but
hey. At least we tried. Maybe she would actually like to learn about
us in the future :)

Being a missionary is honestly such a blessing. It's not easy, don't
get me wrong. It is hands down THE hardest thing I have ever done in
my life. But the rewards that come from it (helping people, making
people happy, seeing their eyes light up, seeing them crack a smile,
etc.) make it worth it. The Lord does not ask us to do easy things.
But He asks us to be diligent in following Him and He will bless us
more than we can comprehend. "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I
say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." (D&C 82:10)

In my personal study this week, I found a cool scripture. It's Helaman
12:3, "And thus we see that except the Lord doth chasten his people
with many afflictions, yea, except he doth visit them with death and
with terror, and with famine and with all manner of pestilence, they
will not remember him." This week, my health hasn't been too good.
Some of you know of my condition. I have been sick with it in the
past. But this week I have seen the onset of another breakout. But,
trusting in the Lord and knowing that He has given me this trial to
remember Him and to grow, I am comforted. I know your praying for me
but plz pray extra for me this week :)

Your prayers are felt. They make me strong everyday. I love you all
and thank you so much for the love and support.  I wouldn't be able to
do this without you guys. Have a great week!

Elder Peters


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment