Monday, October 31, 2016

Hey from Waterloo! 

Hope you all had a fantastic week. My week has been hectic but it's been great. 

On Tuesday, Elder Gardner and I went up to  Amherst (Buffalo Stake Center) to meet with all the other missionaries in Buffalo for transfers. Elder Gardner and I hopped in the mission van and we all road tripped out to Pittsford. There, I met up with my new companion Elder Broadhead and we drove out to our area after we took care of some zone stuff. 

Waterloo is great! This was previously a sister missionary area. So a lot of people are confused when we answer the phone haha. I guess they don't expect to hear our deep voices haha. But Waterloo is a great area. I am so excited be here serving super close to Palmyra. 

This week we went on exchanges with the assistants to the president. Elder Gibby came here to Waterloo with me! It was great. We spent a lot of time out in Batavia together so it was easy for us to work hard together. We went and found a couple new investigators that seem promising!

We went to the ward Halloween party at the church. It was fun. We took a district Halloween pic. We got to know the ward pretty well. I am already loving the people here. Their awesome. Definitely different from Orchard Park but it's fun. 

This area is so beautiful. We drive around Seneca Lake all the time because we live in Geneva and our area is Waterloo. So it's a really pretty drive. The finger lakes are so pretty. Seneca and Cayuga lakes are the biggest. And Waterloo is equidistant from both! It's sweet. 

This week I had the opportunity to speak in church. I spoke on the talk from General Conference a few years ago by Sister Ann M. Dinn entitled, "I Know It, I Live It, I Love It". It's a great talk. I spoke about the phrase, "I Believe". I was so stinkin nervous to speak in front of the new Ward. I didn't know if I had enough things to talk about but I ended up going and speaking for 20 minutes! Oops haha. Oh well. 

I miss you guys so much! I hope you guys have a great week. I love you all! I will talk to you soon! 

Elder Peters

No comments:

Post a Comment